Guest Relations Specialist
At Amtrak Vacations, we are always looking for motivated and driven candidates to join our growing team.
Job Title: Guest Relations Specialist
Reports To: Associate Director of Guest Relations & Operations
Location: Remote ~ Based in the United States
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9am to 5:30pm EST, One Saturday per month
We are looking for a talented Guest Relations Specialist that thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will play a fundamental role in supporting our inside sales team and our customer base. The ideal candidate must be comfortable making and receiving dozens of calls per day, working as part of a team, responding to customer service inquiries and meeting deadlines. The majority of this position will be servicing inbound calls from customers who need assistance with existing reservations. This is a great opportunity for someone with customer service experience who would like to enter or further their career in the travel industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take phone calls from direct customers and travel agencies both prior to and during travel to resolve any outstanding travel-related issues.
- Manage changes to itineraries – working with vendors and suppliers as needed.
- Utilize sales skills to assist customers in upgrading.
- Responsible for monitoring shared inboxes, responding to customer inquiries via our website & email.
- Monitor and quality check reservations, logging any discrepancies and alerting management.
- Work as a member of our Customer Care Team resolving customer issues and complaints post-travel.
- Assist Operations Department.
- Work with suppliers to confirm rooms above allotment and special requests.
- Responsible for issuing tickets; including exchanges, refunds and schedule changes as needed.
- Process documents, including invoices and other communications to our customers and suppliers.
- Make outbound calls and research alternative accommodations impacted by schedule changes and passenger requests.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior travel industry or customer service experience required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Focus on accuracy and quality.
- Generous PTO package
- 401k and health benefits
For immediate consideration of any position with YLG, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: Yankee Leisure Group, Inc. | ATTN: Human Resources 500 Cummings Center, Suite 3100 | Beverly, MA 01915 Main: 978-922-0418 | Fax: 978-922-4819 | Email: email@example.com We are an equal opportunity employer.