Amtrak Rail Travel Terms & Conditions
Operated by Yankee Leisure Group (YLG) • 500 Cummings Center, Suite 3100 • Beverly, MA 01915-9959
HOW TO MAKE A RESERVATION
To make a reservation visit our website at www.AmtrakVacations.com, see your local travel agent or call Amtrak Vacations®!
|Days Prior to Departure:|
|90+ days||$250 nonrefundable deposit for any Rail and Sail program.|
|60+ days||$100 nonrefundable deposit for any Rail Getaways and Family Adventures.$250 nonrefundable deposit for Escorted Rail Journeys, Independent Rail Journeys, or any custom rail packages.|
|3 – 59 days||Full payment due at time of booking.|
Balance due 60 days prior to departure on all packages except cruises. The balance is due 90 days prior to departure for any Rail and Sail program.
- Yankee Leisure Group® (YLG) accepts Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® Card and checks. Your booking is not confirmed and payment is not deemed made until the deposit is received by YLG and you receive a confirmation invoice. Your reservation will be automatically canceled if deposit is not received by YLG by the deposit due date. On certain departures, deposits may be required at the time of booking to hold or confirm space for you.
- If you pay your deposit with a credit card, YLG will automatically charge the balance due 60 days prior to departure to the same credit card used to make your deposit payment.
- Bookings within 14 days of departure will be charged a $35 expedited mailing fee. Any documents delivered outside of the USA will incur a minimum fee of $50. The actual cost will be advised at the time of booking.
BOOKING CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
To make a change or cancel your vacation, contact your travel agent or call Amtrak Vacations directly.
A fee of $25 per person (per change) will be charged by YLG for any alteration or revision made to a reservation after deposit or payment is received. Any revision made to a booking (including but not limited to rail changes or name changes) may result in the loss of the confirmed rail seat or Sleeping car accommodations. YLG cannot guarantee the availability of requested changes. Changes after documents and tickets are issued will be treated as cancellations. If you make a change after travel documents are issued, you may need new travel documents. YLG charges a reticketing fee when it is necessary to reissue rail tickets. Before new tickets can be issued, the original tickets must be returned at your expense by a traceable delivery service to Yankee Leisure Group, Attention: Ticketing, 500 Cummings Center, Suite 3100, Beverly, MA 01915-9959.
|Cancellation Charges for all packages (excluding Rail and Sail and Rocky Mountaineer®):|
|45 or more days prior to departure||nonrefundable deposit is retained|
|44 – 22 days prior to departure||25% of the trip|
|21 – 8 days prior to departure||30% of the trip|
|7 – 1 days prior to departure||50% of the trip|
|Day of departure||100% of the trip|
|Cancellation Charges for Rail and Sail packages:|
|90 or more days prior to departure||nonrefundable deposit is retained|
|89 – 60 days prior to departure||35% of the trip|
|59 – 30 days prior to departure||50% of the trip|
|29 or fewer days before departure||100% of the trip|
Please note that any request for refunds is subject to the Terms and Conditions; no refund will be made for unused services of less than 48 consecutive hours, unused transportation where group activity tickets are involved, or for voluntary modifications made by the traveler.
TRAVEL PROTECTION OPTION (TPO)
Travel Protection Option (TPO) allows you to cancel your Amtrak Vacations arrangements for any reason up to noon Eastern Time on the last business day prior to the first services offered by Amtrak Vacations.
The TPO must be purchased at time of booking, or when deposit is paid, and is nonrefundable and nontransferable. Carefully read the Cancellation Waiver & Insurance Plan brochure that is included with your travel documents. The TPO does not cover cancellation or “no shows” on the day of departure. A “no show” is defined as a failure to notify Amtrak Vacations of a cancellation prior to noon Eastern Time on the last business day prior to departure. Note: The TPO does not cover any single supplement charges which arise from an individual’s traveling companion electing to cancel for any reason prior to departure. In this case, the single supplement will be deducted from the refund of the person who cancels. Division of this charge between the two passengers involved is solely their responsibility. If insufficient funds are deducted from the canceling client, the traveling client will be charged the remaining portion of the single supplement.
Payment of TPO (if chosen) must be received by Amtrak Vacations with your Deposit. The TPO is nontransferable and valid for each applicant only.
When a cancellation is made, the claim will be handled in this manner: Cancellations made before noon Eastern Time on the last business day prior to the first services offered by Amtrak Vacations will receive refunds in cash or credit to the credit card depending upon the method of payment.
SCHEDULE OF COVERAGES MAXIMUM BENEFIT AMOUNT
PART A – Benefits Provided By YLG
Trip Protection Option Up to Trip Cost
WHERE TO PRESENT PART A CLAIMS
To cancel your vacation prior to departure, contact your travel agent who will notify Amtrak Vacations or call us during normal business hours, which are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time. When filing a claim, please send any/all unused travel documents to: Amtrak Vacations, Attn: Claims Department, 500 Cummings Center, Suite 3100, Beverly, MA 01915-9959.
PART B – Benefits Provided by the Insurance Company Listed Below
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||$25,000|
|Medical Expense / Emergency Assistance||$25,000|
|Emergency Evacuation and Repatriation||Included|
|Travel Delay (Maximum of $100 per Day)||$500|
|Baggage and Personal Effects||$1,000|
PART B – There are certain restrictions, exclusions and limitations that apply to all coverages and services. Plan benefits, limits and provisions may vary by state jurisdiction. To review full plan details online, go to: www.tripmate.com/wpF428W
You will receive a Certificate of Insurance (or Policy, for residents of certain states) and Description of 24-Hour Emergency Assistance Services which describe the benefits and limitations in detail. You may cancel this plan by giving Amtrak Vacations written notice within the first to occur of the following: (a) 10 days from the Effective Date of Your insurance; or (b) Your Scheduled Departure Date. If You do this, We will refund Your premium paid provided no Insured has filed a claim under the policy.
Part B of this Plan is Underwritten By: United States Fire Insurance Company. The Plan # is F428W.
Part B benefits are administered by: Trip Mate, Inc. (in CA, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency) 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO, 64114, 1-800-888-7292.
WHERE TO PRESENT PART B CLAIMS
Trip Mate* 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64114 Tel: 1-800-888-7292 *In CA dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency
Escorted Rail Journeys, Rail and Sail, special events and peak travel periods may require a surcharge and may be subject to special payment, change and cancellation conditions. YLG cannot apply advertised promotions retroactively to existing reservations. Prices in this brochure may not be valid for group travel.
Prices are subject to change without notice and all reservations are subject to availability. Prices listed are quoted in U.S. dollars, per person, double occupancy. Our lowest prices may not be available on all days or for all sales. Single, triple, quad and child hotel rates may be available upon request. Not all accommodation types are available on all vacations.
Tour Prices Do Not Include
Tour prices do not include gratuities, baggage handling and other incidental charges. Where rental cars are available, the rental does not include state and local taxes, airport fees, loss damage waiver (LDW), gasoline and surcharges on rental cars for drivers under age 25 (where applicable).
Specific requests must be made at the time of booking and will be honored at the discretion of a hotel or attraction supplier. Bedding requests are not guaranteed. At some hotels, there will be an additional charge if a crib or rollaway bed is required, payable directly to the hotel.
Individuals with mobility impairments and /or disabilities requiring special assistance, treatment or facilities must communicate any special needs to YLG when booking.
Visa & Passports
You are responsible for obtaining and paying for all visas and passports, for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, order and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. Non-U.S. citizens must consult the appropriate consulates to determine if any visas are needed; you are responsible for obtaining all visas and entry documents independently. YLG is not responsible for providing you with specific visa and passport information or documentation, for any fees associated with obtaining these documents, and YLG cannot accept liability for any passenger refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure of the passenger to carry correct documentation. All passengers traveling internationally are required to have a passport. Most countries require that the passport be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the conclusion of your trip. It is recommended you have a minimum of three blank pages in your passport when traveling, as many countries require blank pages. Multiple-entry visas are required for some vacations. It is your responsibility to verify all visa and passport requirements. The process of obtaining a visa and/or passport can take up to three months or more.
Some government agencies in foreign countries require YLG to collect and pass on certain personal and other details related to you, including but not limited to government-issued identification and passport details. If you fail to supply the details as requested fully and accurately, your trip may be interrupted or cancelled. There are no refunds for failure to provide documentation or failure to provide documentation by the time required.
To enter and leave Canada, all U.S. citizens must carry proof of citizenship such as a valid passport or passport card. Noncitizens must have a valid passport, visa or alien card that permits entry into Canada. A “multiple entry” visa for return to the U.S. may be required. You are responsible for obtaining and paying for any visa, passport or documentation needed. Passengers traveling on Amtrak® rail into Canada must provide date of birth, citizenship and passport information at the time of reservation. Amtrak Vacations is not responsible for any passenger that is denied entry into Canada. If the remaining portion of the trip must be cancelled, the passenger is subject to the cancellation fees noted above and is responsible for all fees to return home. Contact the Canadian Consulate before travel for current and further information. Information accurate at time of printing.
All vacation prices are based on rates known at the time of publication and expected to be in effect at the time of departure, and do not include airfare or rail from your home gateway. Not all accommodation types are available on all vacations.
YLG recommends that you pay in full at the time of booking. Once full payment is received, YLG will guarantee that your purchase price will not increase unless you make a change to your purchase. All changes are repriced to the current pricing in effect at time of the change.
- Hotels listed in the itinerary are intended to be used for all departures but cannot be guaranteed. In the event a hotel is not available an alternate hotel of equal or higher value will be used. No refunds are provided for hotel changes, and cancellation charges above will apply.
- Hotel ratings and categories are meant to generally describe the differences among hotels, rooms and amenities. Ratings are not warranties of the properties used.
- A minimum-stay rule may apply at some hotels
Travel documents will be sent approximately 21 days prior to your departure, after YLG receives full payment.
Responsibilities and Limitations of Liabilities of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak®)
- Amtrak is responsible for only the rail transportation it provides in connection with Amtrak Vacations tour packages. Amtrak disclaims liability, and is not responsible, for (1) any act or omission of YLG or any other service provider; or (2) any accommodations, services, features or other transportation of the tour package.
- All rail passenger transportation via Amtrak shall be provided under its terms and conditions of carriage which shall constitute the sole contract between Amtrak and the purchaser of these tours and / or passenger.
- Fares, time schedules, routes, equipment, services, products, accessibility information, customs information and all other information are (1) not guaranteed, (2) provided “as is” without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, (3) subject to change without notice and (4) form no part of the contract between Amtrak and a customer. A possibility exists that there may be errors or inaccuracies. Although Amtrak attempts to ensure accuracy, Amtrak makes no guarantees as to the completeness or correctness and disclaims any liabilities for any errors.
- Amtrak disclaims liability for inconvenience, expense or damage resulting from errors, shortage of equipment or delayed trains, except that when such a delay causes a passenger to miss a guaranteed connection, Amtrak will provide alternate transportation on Amtrak, another carrier or overnight hotel accommodations at the discretion of Amtrak. Amtrak acts only as selling agent for thruway connecting carriers and disclaims liability for travel on other carriers.
- Neither Amtrak nor any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers or sponsors, nor our or their directors, officers, employees, contractors, consultants, agents or other representatives, are responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or lost profits), under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory arising out of or relating in any way to any product or service purchased from or through Amtrak.
- Amtrak assumes no liability for fragile, valuable, perishable articles or untagged baggage.
- Amtrak reserves the right to refuse to carry passengers who pose a hazard to health, safety or security or whose conduct is objectionable in Amtrak’s exclusive judgment.
- By making payment for your reservation, you acknowledge and agree to all terms and conditions set forth in this brochure, in particular to the limitations of liability and responsibilities set forth above.
- The above terms and conditions are subject to the laws of the District of Columbia, U.S.A.
Responsibilities and Limitations of Liabilities of the Yankee Leisure Group (YLG)
- YLG is responsible for selecting the suppliers that provide the components (e.g., hotel accommodations, transfers, car rentals, tours and activities, etc.) for the travel arrangements described in this brochure.
- YLG is an independent contractor that arranges travel-related services.
- YLG is not an agent of the customer, or of those providing travel-related services and does not in any manner directly provide the accommodations, transportation, meals or other travel-related services.
- YLG is not responsible for personal injury or property damage caused by any act of omission, intentional, negligent or otherwise, by any direct carrier, hotel or other supplier or service being offered in the vacation package including but not limited to acts of terrorism, mechanical breakdowns, government actions, weather or acts of god, any delays incurred due to mechanical difficulties or weather conditions, or any circumstances beyond YLG’s control including routing changes and / or changes in type of equipment operated. YLG makes no implied or express warranties in the offering of any vacation described in this document.
- The services described in this document, other than carriage by Amtrak, are furnished by independent contractors who are not servants of or joint ventures, agents of or partners with YLG.
- By making payment for your reservation, you acknowledge and agree to all terms and conditions set forth in this document, in particular to the limitations of liability and responsibilities set forth above.
- YLG “package prices” are subject to change without notice.
Products and services described on this page are subject to change without notice. Call your Travel Agent or Amtrak Vacations for information. This Amtrak Vacations brochure and its contents are copyrighted by the National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak®). ©Amtrak 2013. Acela Express®, Amtrak®, Amtrak Express®, Amtrak Metropolitan LoungeSM, Amtrak Vacations®, Auto Train®, California Zephyr®, Capitol Corridor®, Capitol LimitedSM, Cardinal®, Cascades®, City of New Orleans®, ClubAcela®, Coast Starlight®, Crescent®, Empire Builder®, Hiawatha® Service, Lake Shore Limited®, Pacific Surfliner®, Pere Marquette®, San Joaquin®, Silver Meteor®, Silver Star®, Southwest Chief®, Sunset Limited®, Superliner®, Texas Eagle®, U.S.A. Rail® Pass, Viewliner® and YOUR CAR, YOUR STUFF AND YOUSM are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation. The Downeaster is a service mark of the Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority.