Operated by Yankee Leisure Group (YLG) • 500 Cummings Center, Suite 5500 • Beverly, MA 01915-9959
Days Prior to Departure Per Person Nonrefundable Deposit Due
60 + Days - $100 nonrefundable deposit due within three days of booking Independent Rail Journeys; $250 nonrefundable deposit due within three days of booking Escorted Rail Journeys; balance due 60 days prior to departure. A higher deposit may be required for certain itineraries.
3–59 - Days Full payment due at time of booking.
- Yankee Leisure Group (YLG) accepts American Express®, Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® Card and checks from travel agencies. Amtrak Vacations® payments made by travel agency check must be made payable to: Yankee Leisure Group.
- If you pay your deposit with a credit card, YLG will automatically charge the balance due 60 days prior to departure to the same credit card used to make your deposit payment.
- Bookings within 14 days of departure will incur a late booking fee.
To make a change or cancel your vacation, call Amtrak Vacations® at 1-800-AMTRAK-2 or contact your travel agent who will notify Amtrak Vacations® during normal business days/hours, which are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time (holidays and weekends are not business days). Once under deposit, each change will require a $20 change fee per reservation. Changes requested less than three business days prior to departure will incur increased change fees. YLG cannot guarantee the availability of requested changes. Changes requiring reissue of documents will incur a $50 per reservation fee. Changes requiring reissue of documents and tickets will incur a $150 per person fee, plus any supplier fees. Once air tickets have been issued, there will be no name changes or refunds allowed.
If you make a change after travel documents are issued, you may need new travel documents. YLG charges a reticketing fee when it is necessary to reissue rail or air tickets. The amount of this fee varies depending on the carrier(s) involved. Before new tickets can be issued, the original tickets must be returned at your expense by a traceable delivery service to Yankee Leisure Group, Attention: Ticketing, 500 Cummings Center, Suite 5500, Beverly, MA 01915-9959.
- YLG will waive YLG's portion of assessed change fees for upgraded trips in which the cost of the upgrade exceeds YLG's portion of the change fee. YLG cannot waive assessed supplier fees.
CANCELLATIONS PRIOR TO TRIP
Your cancellation must be made by phone to YLG at 1-800-AMTRAK-2. Date of cancellation is the business day (holidays and weekends are not business days) on which YLG receives verbal notice of your cancellation. Notice received after 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time will be considered made the next business day.
Days Prior to Departure Per Person Cancellation Fee Due
31+ $200 plus supplier fees
30 –16 $300 plus supplier fees
15 – 4 $400 plus supplier fees
3– day of departure No refund
- Supplier cancellation fees may be assessed in addition to the change / cancel fees stated above. YLG highly recommends its Trip Protection Option to protect you from most cancellation fees.
Escorted Rail Journeys, Holidays, special events and peak travel periods may require a surcharge and may be subject to special payment, change and cancellation conditions. YLG cannot apply advertised promotions retroactively to existing reservations. Prices in this brochure may not be valid for group travel.
Prices are subject to change without notice and all reservations are subject to availability. Prices listed are quoted in U.S. dollars, per person, double occupancy. Our lowest prices may not be available on all days or for all sales. Single, triple, quad and child hotel rates may be available upon request.
YLG recommends that you pay your purchase price will not in current pricing in effect at time of booking. Once full payment is received, YLG will guarantee that your purchase price will not increase unless you make a change to your purchase. All changes are re-priced to the current pricing in effect at time of the change.
TOUR PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE
Tour prices do not include gratuities, baggage handling and other incidental charges. Where rental cars are available, the rental does not include state and local taxes, airport fees, loss damage waiver (LDW), gasoline and surcharges for drivers under age 25 (where applicable).
Refunds may be available under limited circumstances on a case-by-case basis. Refund requests must be made to YLG within 14 days of the completion of your trip in writing to: Amtrak Vacations, 500 Cummings Center, Suite 5500, Beverly, MA 01915-9959. Prior to receiving a refund, negotiable tickets and vouchers must be returned.
- Unused travel components are not refundable
- Lost vouchers and tickets are not refundable
- YLG offers refunds and substitutions with the express understanding that your acceptance of the refund is a waiver of additional remedies.
Specific requests must be made at the time of booking and will be honored at the discretion of a hotel or attraction supplier. Bedding requests are not guaranteed. At some hotels, there will be an additional charge if a crib or rollaway bed is required, payable directly to the hotel.
Individuals with mobility impairments and/or disabilities requiring special assistance, treatment or facilities must communicate any special needs to YLG when booking.
ENTRY INTO CANADA
To enter and leave Canada, all U.S. citizens must carry proof of citizenship such as a valid passport or passport card. Noncitizens must have a valid passport, visa or alien card that permits entry into Canada. A "multiple entry" visa for return to the U.S. may be required. Passengers traveling on Amtrak® rail into Canada must provide date of birth and citizenship information at the time of reservation. Contact the Canadian Consulate before travel for current and further information. Information accurate at time of printing.
- Hotel ratings and categories are meant to generally describe the differences among hotels, rooms and amenities. Ratings are not warranties of the properties used.
- A minimum-stay rule may apply at some hotels.
Travel documents will be sent via United States Postal Service approximately 25 days prior to your departure, after YLG receives full payment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITIES OF
NATIONAL RAILROAD PASSENGER CORPORATION (AMTRAK)
- Amtrak is responsible only for the rail transportation it provides in connection with Amtrak vacations tour packages. Amtrak disclaims liability, and is not responsible, for (1) any act or omission of YLG or any other service provider; or (2) any accommodations, services, features or other transportation of the tour package.
- All rail passenger transportation via Amtrak shall be provided under its terms and conditions of carriage, which shall constitute the sole contract between Amtrak and the purchaser of these tours and / or passenger.
- Fares, time schedules, routes, equipment, services, products, accessibility y information, customs information and all other information are (1) not guaranteed, (2) provided "as is" without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, (3) subject to change without notice and (4) form no part of the contract between Amtrak and a customer. A possibility exists that there may be errors or inaccuracies. Although Amtrak at tempts to ensure accuracy, Amtrak makes no guarantees as to the completeness or correctness and disclaims any liabilities for any errors.
- Amtrak disclaims liability for inconvenience, expense or damage resulting from errors, shortage of equipment or delayed trains, except that when such a delay causes a passenger to miss a guaranteed connection, Amtrak will provide alternate transportation on Amtrak, another carrier or overnight hotel accommodations at the discretion of Amtrak. Amtrak acts only as selling agent for thruway connecting carriers and disclaims liability for travel on other carriers.
- Neither Amtrak nor any of its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers or sponsors, nor our or their directors, officers, employees, contractors, consultants, agents or other representatives, are responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business, or lost profits), under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory arising out of or relating in any way to any product or service purchased from or through Amtrak
- Amtrak assumes no liability for fragile, valuable, perishable articles or untagged baggage.
- Amtrak reserves the right to refuse to carry passengers who pose a hazard to health, safety or security or whose conduct is objectionable in Amtrak's exclusive judgment.
- By making payment for your reservation, you acknowledge and agree to all terms and conditions set forth in this brochure, in particular to the limitations of liability and responsibilities set forth above.
- The above terms and conditions are subject to the laws of the District of Columbia, U.S.A.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITIES OF YLG
- YLG is responsible for selecting the suppliers that provide the component parts (e.g., hotel accommodations, transfers, car rentals, tours and activities, etc.) for the travel arrangements described in this brochure.
- YLG is an independent contractor that arranges travel-related services.
- YLG is not an agent of the customer, or of those providing travel-related services and does not in any manner directly provide the accommodations, transportation, meals or other travel-related services.
- YLG is not responsible for personal injury or property damage caused by any act or omission, intentional, negligent or otherwise, by any direct carrier, hotel or other supplier or service being offered in the vacations package including but not limited to acts of terrorism, mechanical breakdowns, government actions, weather or acts of God, any delays incurred due to mechanical difficulties or weather conditions, or any circumstances beyond YLG's control including routing changes and / or changes in type of equipment operated. YLG makes no implied or express warranties in the offering of any vacation described in this document.
- The services described in this document, other than carriage by Amtrak, are furnished by independent contractors who are not servants of or joint ventures, agents of or partners with YLG.
- By making payment for your reservation, you acknowledge and agree to all terms and conditions set forth in this document, in particular to the limitations of liability and responsibilities set forth above.
- YLG "Package Prices" are subject to change without notice.
TRIP PROTECTION OPTION (TPO) — FROM $49
YLG RECOMMENDS THE PURCHASE OF THE TRIP PROTECTION OPTION.
Trip Protection Option (TPO) allows you to cancel your Amtrak Vacations arrangements for any reason up to noon Eastern Time on the last business day prior to the first services offered by Amtrak Vacations. The TPO only covers bulk airline tickets that are purchased through Amtrak Vacations.
The TPO must be purchased at time of booking, or when deposit is paid, and is nonrefundable and nontransferable. Carefully read the Cancellation Waiver & Insurance Plan brochure that is included with your travel documents. The TPO does not cover cancellation or "no shows" on the day of departure. A "no show" is defined as a failure to notify Amtrak Vacations of a cancellation prior to noon Eastern Time on the last business day prior to departure. Note: If the number of individuals occupying a room decreases or if the number of travelers sharing the cost of a component on their trip changes, the remaining travelers will be responsible for additional costs incurred as a result of a change in the person occupancy rate. In this case, Amtrak Vacations reserves the right to deduct the extra costs from the refund to the person who cancels. If insufficient funds are deducted from the canceling client, the traveling clients will be charged the remaining portion of the additional costs.
When a cancellation is made, the claim will be handled in this manner:
Cancellations made before noon Eastern Time on the last business day prior to the first services offered by Amtrak Vacations (excluding any Escorted Rail Journey) will receive refunds in cash or credit to the credit card depending upon the method of payment. Escorted Rail Journeys cancellations made 4 days to 60 days prior to departure will receive an Amtrak Vacation Travel Credit for a future trip minus the Travel Protection Plan cost, cancellations 3 days prior are nonrefundable. Refunds and Travel Credits will be awarded upon receipt of the returned travel documents to Amtrak Vacations.
SCHEDULE OF COVERAGES MAXIMUM BENEFIT AMOUNT
PART A – Benefits Provided By YLG
Trip Protection Option Up to Trip Cost
WHERE TO PRESENT PART A CLAIMS
To cancel your vacation prior to departure, contact your travel agent who will notify Amtrak Vacations or call 1-800-AMTRAK-2 during normal business hours, which are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time. When filing a claim, please send any/all unused travel documents to: Amtrak Vacations, Attn: Claims Department, 500 Cummings Center, Suite 5500, Beverly, MA 01915-9959.
SCHEDULE OF COVER AGES MAXIMUM BENEFIT AMOUNT
PART B – Benefits Provided by the Insurance Company Listed Below
Accidental Death & Dismemberment $25,000
Medical Expense / Emergency Assistance $25,000
Missed Connection $500
Trip Interruption Trip Cost
Travel Delay (Maximum of $100 per Day) $500
Baggage and Personal Effects $1,000
Baggage Delay $100
PART B – CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Certain exclusions and limitations apply and are detailed in the Description of Coverage which will be included with your documents and is also available to you online at www.tripmate.com/wpF428W. For example, coverage does not apply to: any sickness or condition of you, a Traveling Companion, Family Member traveling with you that existed during the 60 days prior to the effective date of the coverages (this exclusion is waived if your premium is received with your initial deposit/payment for your Trip), suicide, normal pregnancy, war or any act of war. A Traveling Companion is defined as a person with whom you have coordinated travel arrangements and intend to travel with during the Trip. Other Covered Reasons, as defined, includes the following events or their consequences: Interruption of your Trip due to: Inclement Weather, unannounced Strike, mechanical breakdown that causes complete cessation of services of your Common Carrier for at least 12 consecutive hours; a documented traffic accident while enroute to departure; being hijacked or quarantined; jury duty; destruction of your home or destination by fire, flood, burglary or natural disaster; being called to the emergency service of government to provide aid or relief in the event of a natural disaster; a documented theft of passports or visas; a transfer of employment of 250 miles or more; Involuntary Job Termination (must be employed with same employer for 1 year) or revocation of military leave due to war. For full plan details online, go to: www.tripmate.com/wpF428W. This plan is underwritten by: United States Fire Insurance Company, Eatontown, NJ. Benefits are administered by: Trip Mate, Inc.*, 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO, 64114, 1-800-888-7292 (*in CA, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency).
WHERE TO PRESENT PART B CLAIMS
Trip Mate* 9225 Ward Parkway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64114
Tel: (800) 888 -7292 *In CA, dba Trip Mate Insurance Agency
Products and services described in this brochure are subject to change without notice. Call your Travel Agent or Amtrak Vacations at 1-800-AMTRAK-2 for information. This Amtrak Vacations brochure and its contents are copyrighted by the National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak®). ©Amtrak 2012. Acela Express®, Amtrak®, Amtrak Express®, Amtrak Metropolitan LoungeSM, Amtrak Vacations®, Auto Train®, California Zephyr®, Capitol Corridor®, Capitol LimitedSM, Cardinal®, Cascades®, City of New Orleans®, ClubAcela®, Coast Starlight®, Crescent®, Cross Country CaféSM, Empire Builder®, Hiawatha® Service, Lake Shore Limited®, Pacific Surfliner®, Pere Marquette®, San Joaquin®, Silver Meteor®, Silver Star®, Southwest Chief®, Sunset Limited®, Superliner®, Texas Eagle®, U.S.A. Rail® Pass, Viewliner® and YOUR CAR, YOUR STUFF AND YOUSM are service marks of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation. The Downeaster is a service mark of the Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority.