About Bunker Tour
- Tours are open to registered hotel guests and to the general public.
- Tours available for guests 10 years of age and older.
- Maximum tour size is 28 persons.
- Tours are approximately 90 minutes in length.
- Tours depart from the Trellis Lobby near the Lobby Bar.
- Guests should check-in at the Trellis Lobby no later than 15 minutes prior to the tour.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- No cameras, electronic equipment or cell phones are permitted. Such items may be secured with the Bunker Office.
- To our day visitors, please allow ample time for parking and arrival at the Trellis Lobby. We appreciate your patience during the construction period.
Construction began in 1958 on the 112,544-square-foot bunker, which was built 720 feet into the hillside under The Greenbrier's West Virginia Wing.
Once complete in 1961, the facility was maintained in a constant state of readiness by a small group of government employees working undercover as Forsythe Associates, a company hired by the resort for audio/visual support services.
On May 31, 1992, The Washington Post published an article, "The Last Resort" which exposed the facility. In 1995, the US government ended the lease agreement with The Greenbrier, and later that year, the resort began offering tours of the historic facility.
For more information or to make a reservation,
call our rail vacation experts at 1-800-AMTRAK-2
Duration: 90 minutes
Location:Greenbrier Resort, West Virginia
The Greenbrier 300 West Main Street Greenbrier Resort, West Virginia 24986