Essex Inn Chicago - Moderate
About Essex Inn Chicago - Moderate
After an exciting day in this vibrant city, the rooms and suites at the Essex Inn provide the comfort and relaxation you'll need to unwind and rev up for another day! Many of thier 254 guest accommodations have views of downtown Chicago, the lakefront and Grant Park across the street. With fifteen floors and floor-to-ceiling windows, there's plenty of sunshine and spectacular views all around.
Rooms are tastefully decorated with an Art Deco flare and framed art posters, many of them from the Art Institute's finest reproductions.
The Essex Inn is one of the only hotels in Chicago to offer a luxurious all-season rooftop swimming pool and fitness center. Located on the fourth floor, this architectural gem has a beautiful garden and views of Grant Park for you to enjoy while you swim or sunbathe. The fitness center offers state-of-the-art equipment and is open early for our health-conscious guests.
World-class Attractions at Your Door
The Essex Inn is conveniently located in the heart of Chicago and any type of traveler will find the perfect local attraction close by. For families, you'll want to take your kids to the spectacular Shedd Aquarium, the Field Museum, The Sears Tower Skydeck, or just walk across the street to Buckingham Fountain, Grant Park and Millennium Park. For the business traveler, you'll find upscale restaurants for entertaining clients. For the culture-seeker, you can walk to the Art Institute of Chicago, The Symphony Center, or see a Broadway show at one of Chicago's fine theater and music venues. For the shopper at heart, They offer thier own free shuttle service to the Magnificent Mile and Water Tower Place.
For more information or to make a reservation,
call our rail vacation experts at 1-800-AMTRAK-2
- 254 hotel rooms and suites (138 of which are doubles) with smoking and non-smoking options
- All rooms feature LCD flat-screen TVs, wireless Internet access, sleek desks with a large work space, iPod- and MP3-compatible alarm clock radios, refrigerators, coffee/tea service and irons and ironing boards; roll-away beds are available upon request (subject to availability, fees apply)
- A complimentary all-season rooftop pool offers views of Lake Michigan, and a fitness center with modern treadmills, lifecycles, weight machines and free-weights
- A 24-hour business center has computer workstations, a printer and a high-speed Internet connection
- Our complimentary shuttle services the Magnificent Mile as well as Navy Pier and the Museum Campus
- Store your luggage on the day of checkout
- The guest laundry room has supplies and coin-operated machines
- Available valet and dry cleaning services
- Our on-site restaurant and lounge serves breakfast, lunch and dinner; room service is also available
- Five meeting/banquet rooms provide over 3,000 square feet of meeting or entertaining space
- Lobby restaurant is currently closed
Essex Inn Chicago 800 South Michigan Ave Chicago, Illinois 60605
Amtrak Station is aprox 1.29 miles (5 minutes) from hotel.
The Essex Inn is Approx 15 miles (22 minutes) from O'Hare International Airport and 12.2 miles (25 minutes) from Midway International Airport
Check In: 3:00 PM
Check Out: 11:00 AM
No pets allowed.
Daily Parking Fee:
$30 per night for standard vehicles; $36 per night for oversized vehicles. Parking is valid until Noon on the day of check out. Price is subject to change and updated rates will be charged at check-in.